We understand that your trust in us is the most important capital of Terra Noble (hereinafter referred to as “Terra Noble, “we” or “us”). Therefore, your privacy is also of the utmost interest to us. This privacy statement (hereinafter referred to as “Privacy Statement”) applies to, among others (i) our website www.terranoble.be (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”) and (ii) all (commercial) relationships between Terra Nobleand its clients, prospects and business partners.
Terra Noble wishes to emphasise that it is always trying to act in accordance with (i) the Belgian Privacy Act of 8 December 1992 for the protection of privacy with regard to the processing of personal data, (ii) the EU Regulation from 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data concerning the free movement of such data and the repeal of Directive 95/46/EC and (iii) all current and future Belgian legislation regarding the implementation of this EU Regulation. This Privacy Statement contains, among other things, information about the personal data that Terra Noble collects, as well as how Terra Noble uses and processes this personal data.
Visiting the Website, calling on our services, subscribing to the newsletter and/or for a course/workshop/seminar, as well as any communication with Terra Noble implies your express consent (by means of communication of your personal data or opt-in) to the Privacy Statement and thus to the way in which we collect, use and process your personal data.
Types of personal data
Terra Noblecan collect and process the following personal data:
- First name
- Home address
- Email address
- Company name
- Telephone number (fixed line/mobile phone/personal)
- Profession or function within the company (optional)
- Company address
- Information regarding the use you make of the Website and the platforms of Terra Noble(such as but not limited to an IP address)
- All other personal data that is voluntarily transferred to Terra Noble(for example during correspondence)
Terra Noble also collects data automatically regarding the use you make of the Website and/or the platform. In this way, Terra Noble will, for example, automatically log which parts of the Website and/or the platform you visit, which web browser you use, and which website you visited when you gained access to the Website. We cannot identify you on the basis of this data, but it lets Terra Noble compile statistics regarding the use of the Website or the platform.
Method of collecting personal data
This personal data is collected respectively in the context of:
- Requesting a demo/free demonstration
- Requesting a brochure/information documents
- Requesting a quote
- The participation in an event where Terra Noble is responsible for certain services
- Visiting the Website
- The use you make of the Terra Noble services (whether or not through the platform)
- The completion of the contact form
- Correspondence with and outgoing from Terra Noble
- Applying for an open position or making a spontaneous application.
- Participation in competitions
- The exchange of business cards
The personal data collected by Terra Noble is, therefore, expressly and voluntarily provided by you.
Use of personal data
Terra Noble can make use of your personal data for:
- The preparation of a quote (and sending it)
- Visiting the Website
- Establishing contact after a request/vacancy via the website
- Follow-up after a meeting or from the agreement
- The execution of the agreement
- Answering questions (whether or not asked via the contact form/service request)
- Sending targeted marketing and advertising, updates and promotional offers based on your communication preferences.
- Sending invoices, packages, invitations and the collection of payments
- Optimising the quality, management and the content of the Website and/or the platform
- The drafting of statistics
- Conducting customer satisfaction surveys, other surveys and market studies
Disclosure of personal data to third parties
Terra Noble will not disclose your personal information to third parties unless it is necessary for the provision of the services by Terra Noble and the optimisation thereof (such as but not limited to sending newsletters and processing payments). If in this context it is necessary for Terra Noble to disclose your personal information to a third party, the third party in question is obliged to use your personal data in accordance with the provisions of this Privacy Statement.
However, without prejudice to the preceding, it is possible that Terra Noble discloses your personal information:
- To the competent authorities (i) when Terra Noble is required to do so by law or in the context of a judicial or future judicial procedure and (ii) for the protection and defence of our rights;
- If Terra Noble or virtually all of its assets are taken over by a third party, in which case your personal data – the ones that Terra Noble has collected – will be one of the transferred assets.
In all other cases Terra Noble does not sell, rent or pass on your personal data to third parties, unless it has (i) obtained your consent and (ii) has concluded a data processing agreement with the third party concerned, which contains the necessary guarantees regarding the confidentiality and privacy of your personal data.
Storage of personal data
Unless a longer retention period is required or justified (i) by the law or (ii) by the observance of another legal obligation, Terra Noble only retains your personal data during the period that is necessary for the achievement and fulfilment of the goals, as described in the Privacy Statement under ‘use of personal data’.
Your privacy rights
If you wish to invoke your privacy rights, as defined below, please contact email@example.com.
The following details are part of your privacy rights:
- The right of access to the personal data that Terra Noble may have about you;
- The right to correct and to complete or update your personal data;
- The right to delete your personal data (‘right to be forgotten’);
- The right to a restriction on the processing of your personal data;
- The right to transfer your personal data;
- The right to objection/opposition to the processing of your personal data.
In principle, you can exercise these rights free of charge via the form mentioned above.
If you no longer wish to receive newsletters or information about our services, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” button, as provided at the bottom of each e-mail from Terra Noble.
Security of personal data
Terra Noble endeavours to take reasonable, physical, technological and organisational precautions with a view to preventing (i) unauthorised access to your personal data, as well as (ii) loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data.
Terra Noble will store all personal data that it has collected in the cloud (with datacentre(s) within the EU).
Notwithstanding the security policy of Terra Noble , the controls that it carries out and the actions that it takes in this context, an infallible level of security cannot be guaranteed. No method of transfer or retransmission via the Internet nor any method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, Terra Noble cannot guarantee absolute safety under these circumstances.
Cross-border processing of personal data
Any transfer of personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to a recipient who is domiciled or established in a country that is not covered by an adequacy decision, issued by the European Commission, will be governed by the provisions of a data transfer agreement, which shall contain (i) the standard contractual clauses, as stipulated in the ‘Decision of the European Commission of 5 February 2010 (Decision 2010/87/EC)’, or (ii) any other mechanism under the privacy legislation or any other regulation concerning the processing of personal data.
Updates to the Privacy Statement
Terra Noble is entitled to update this Privacy Statement by publishing a new version on the Website. It is strongly recommended that you consult the Website and the page on which the Privacy Statement is displayed on a regular basis to ensure that you are aware of any changes. The date of the latest change can be found on the Website and/or in the Privacy Statement.
Contact Terra Noble
In case you have questions or comments about the Privacy Statement or the method by which Terra Noble collects, uses, or processes your personal data, please contact us:
- Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via the postal service: Terra Noble bvba, Koning Leopold III laan 3, 9930 Zomergem
If you are dissatisfied with the way Terra Noble has dealt with these questions or comments, or if you have any complaints about how Terra Noble collects, uses, or processes your information, you can submit a complaint to the Privacy Commission.
Data last adaptation: 16/03/2019